Visual Logic Group has an immediate need for a front-end developer with at least 2 years of experience. UX consulting is core to our business, so we’re looking for someone with proven consulting abilities to engineer simple, innovative, and elegant development solutions that help solve real customer problems. The ideal candidate is passionate about closely collaborating with designers as they work together to thoughtfully create tangible solutions that carefully follow the design intent (as expressed through conversations, documentation, and design mockups).
- Are hungry to learn and are always looking to improve your skills.
- Think about the user when you are building a product. You feel it’s important to see the world through their eyes.
- Believe that you can make a difference by building tools that genuinely improve people’s day-to-day lives.
- Love collaborating with designers and solving problems together. You know what details matter and can help bring clarity to design decisions.
- Desire to learn how people use the products you’ve built so you can continually improve them.
- Care about writing clean, bug-free code.
- Are obsessed with optimization and making your apps fast.
- Are meticulous and care about the small details.
- Have experience building progressive web applications.
- Are passionate about creating scalable and modular CSS.
- Thrive in a laid back office environment and enjoy a variety of team activities.
- Advanced CSS (animations, media queries, flexbox, grid, etc.)
- CSS pre-processing (SASS)
- Responsive design
- Understanding of basic UX principles
- Version control (Git)
- Comfortable with the command line
- API integrations (i.e. Google Maps API, Stripe, etc.)
- Build automation tools (Gulp, Grunt, etc.)
- Package and dependency managers (NPM, Bower, Yarn, etc.)
- Database (MySQL) experience
- Native App development (iOS, Android)
- Objective C, Swift
- ASP.NET, MVC, Razer pages
- Amazon AWS
- Microsoft Azure
- Alexa Skill development
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality experience
- Year-end bonus based on company performance
- Generous Health/Dental Insurance: Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Company paid long-term disability
- Company paid group-term life insurance
- Flexible work schedule
- Apple laptop
- 10 vacation days
- 5 personal days (sick, bereavement, jury duty)
- Major holidays off, with generous time off for Thanksgiving and Christmas (we usually close for the week during Christmas and are off extra days around Thanksgiving)
- Casual work environment
- This is an onsite position at our office in Waterloo, IA. Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
- Visual Logic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
About Visual Logic
Our boutique-consulting firm is more like a family than a place of business. We work hard, have fun and constantly learn from each other. While our work pace is intensely focused on our clients, our business philosophy has always been that slow and steady wins the race. Our office is in a historic downtown building, located next to coffee shops and great restaurants.
Our user experience consulting work is in the areas of planning, architecting and designing for touch screens, web applications and desktop software. We are currently working on several large projects involving web applications for use in military, banking, healthcare, insurance and non-profit sectors. (Due to client confidentiality, we cannot put these items on our portfolio site). We have both a national and international client base.Send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org